Walliserhof·Heritage
Die Chronik · Seit 1883
Born as the Grand Hotel Belle Vue in 1883, burned to the ground in 1976, rebuilt by Valaisan will — and reborn, once more, as the Walliserhof.

Die Chronik
The second hotel of Saas-Fee opens its doors — pioneers of the golden age of alpinism take their first breakfast before the Fee Glacier.
The house takes the name it still carries — Walliserhof. A hotel named not after a view, but after a people.
In May, flames take the house down to its stones. A village loses its landmark — but not its will.
In 1978 the brothers Erwin and Albert Anthamatten — with their cousin — buy the ruins and rebuild them beam by beam. After five years, the doors open again.
Bill Murray and forty-five cast of The Razor's Edge move in for three weeks — and Murray himself takes the turntables in Le Dancing. That same winter, the village stars in a certain Christmas song.
Thirty years under Beat and Chantal Anthamatten: barons, politicians, actors and singers — and the night a Geneva bank turned the ballroom into a beach, sand, parasols and all.
After the Ferienart years, the house returns to its true name — reimagined in local spruce, oak and slate; Relais & Châteaux, five stars, 2,110 m² of stillness.
No dress codes, no strict customs — only the oldest rule of the Valais: the guest above all.

